Great Wine Festival in Irvine this past Saturday

In the past Saturday, I went to the Great Wine Festival in Irvine. I was able to get in free with a buddy since I was a Yelp elite.  One of the important things about wine tastings like these is to dump the wines after a taste.  Otherwise, you'd be too buzzed and won't really taste, smell, or really appreciate the wine.  Since there was no limit in the tastings, this was pretty important. (Of course, if one is really looking to get buzzed, there are certainly cheaper and quicker ways to do so than a wine festival).

I find wine interesting as there's often some kind of history behind it.  And, great wines are usually not quickly made.  Recent documentary on Netflix called Somm:Into the Bottle went into pretty good detail around it. A Year in Burgundy was also interesting, if you're into French wine.  Like most food documentaries, often the stories surrounding them are the most interesting.

I can't recall any wineries that stood out at the festival, personally.  I do remember thinking Chalone Pinot Noir was pretty good Pinot Noir.

The foods were pretty good.  I went a little more specific on my Yelp review.

Here is my Yelp review.


The Entry

Lots of wineries from OC


Various foods and vendors


Hangar section gave you a bit more shade while tasting


Got crowded around 2pm


Desserts!


My sketch of the event




Comments