Nose Art Pinup Girl: "You are the bomb"

I've been spending more time lately working on Zbrush. My latest render is this pinup poster I made inspired by WWII nose art. I do have a fondness for retro posters.  More playful and bit more campy.  



I was trying to add some kind of an inspirational saying or message on the top, but there wasn't much I could think of in relating to a bomb.  I used Photoshop and Illustrator for the text and lines.

For the female model, this was generally a way for me to work on more human muscles. Thus, the skimpiness of her outfit. I'm concurrently also working on a Conan the Barbarian model. I used the Transpose Tool on Zbrush to pose the character.  Here, you can see the T-pose version.  I was thinking of creating a machine gun for her as well, but I ditched it as it could take too long. The bomb you see is inspired by the movie, Doctor Strangelove.  Some of the words on the bomb make references to the film.  A great film.  My favorite among Stanley Kubrick's work.




Comments