Inktober 2020 Images!

The annual Inktober has been one of those events I've always looked forward to every year.  It helps that there are many others who also participate in drawing something once a day based on a given prompt.  This year had the following:


As usual, I used my sketchbook and my watercolors to make my daily drawings.  The drawings are not necessarily Halloween-related, but oftentimes one can't help but try to match the usual seasonal motif whenever possible.  As much as I'd like to, I do not always sketch a colored drawing every single day on my sketchbook--just lack of time due to job and family.  Inktober kind of forces me to draw daily... or at least draw 31 drawings whenever I have the time to do so.  

Here they are:






Kurosawa's Yojimbo (1961) is a true classic. When I think of words like "blade", I think samurai.  Always good to find an excuse to draw Toshiro Mifune.







The Lost Boys (1987) is the classic vampire horror/comedy flick.  Pretty much everything works in this film, including the dated 80's fashion and special effects.  Iconic music, acting, and storytelling.  I also love the title of the film, which is lifted from the Peter Pan mythos.  




When I think of the word "hope", I think of the classic movie Shawshank Redemption (1994).











"It's a trap!" -- a classic line from Admiral Ackbar in Return of the Jedi (1983)







So, everyone knows the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. However, I hear that Swedish people feel that he acts more Norwegian than Swedish.  And, yes, Swedish people find him annoying.



Beetlejuice (1988) is a fun comedy--more wacky and strange than hilarious to some.  



Dig Dug, as a classic 80's video game, had its own special style.  What other games have been quite like it? Not many. Like Q-Bert, Pac-Man, and Frogger, they are just so original.  The good ol' days when it wasn't all about shooters. 



Buddy Holly, to me, is someone who is now more iconic in terms of his look than his influential music, many of which I often don't recall.  With that said, "Everyday" is a song that really sticks in your ear.




The Blues Brothers (1980) is perhaps the most cinematic of the movies that came out of Saturday Night Live.  Certainly one of the most action-packed with a sizable budget.




"Power laces! All Right!" -- Marty McFly, Back to the Future Part II (1989)





So, that's it! Got all 31 sketches done on the month of October. Another nice little accomplishment. This year's pandemic has affected a lot of things, but it's nice that Inktober can still go on as before.  

The year is almost ending.  Pretty sure everyone is thinking we can put 2020 behind us.  October came and went.  Halloween probably wasn't the most festive this year, but I did enjoy them via arts and crafts, Netflix, Zoom, and just hanging with people close by. 

Until next time...




Comments