The "Santa Glitch" Ornament

It will soon to be a Merry X-mas and a happy Foo year!  A bit too soon, 
but it always feels that way whenever you hit close to October.  
I mean, it's December now, but...

My full-time job is being an artist for a mobile game called The Foos.  Within our building, there's a 3-D printer company called New Matter who are holding a contest to make an ornament for X-mas.  Essentially the best 3D model will win a $50 Starbucks card. Then, it will be printed in 3-D. It has to be a certain size and it has to be function-able.

Upon a suggestion from my team member, I decided to build it off our game's Glitch character and a Reindeer Foo I made recently for marketing.  Below is the original character and design. I am not the original designer of the Glitch, although the reindeer is mine.


Below is what I've come up with that I sculpted in Zbrush.  Glitch will have a bag where you can place your candy (thus, being functionable).  I will likely just refine it a little bit more and cut them into sections so they'll fit together nicely.  There's a certain way it has to be printed and put together. I may have to look for the best way to do this.


This isn't the first time I've built something for 3-D printing.  The previous one (a test run) was also of the Glitch:


I recently went to Daiso, bought some wooden planters (they're not meant for use in planting originally, but they were cheap) and organized my herbal window garden.  I will post some photos of those up pretty soon.



Comments