Inktober 2021!

It's already November now and it's been while since I've posted.  Well, I do know that Inktober posts are one of the things I consistently post on this blog, so here they are!  Admittedly, I'm probably posting more frequently on Instagram than on the blog.  For those who who want to follow me on Instagram, it is d_art_98.  So, Inktober involves using a prompt list that comes out every year which each artist uses to make a drawing a day based on the said prompt.  

One of the things I do like about Inktober is the occasional amount of research I get to do before I draw an image.  For example, I'll do a search for an image on Google Images based on the prompt.  Then, it would give me many options.  Lately, I've found the Bing Images to have a nice variety of images.  Pinterest is probably even better as they are made by people who actually likes stuff than an engine.  So, once I find an image I like, I sometimes look into the background information of the image: Is it from a movie?  A book?  An idea?   And, even better, can I make it into a pun?   In one of my researches, I got to learn how to tie a "bowline" knot (Day 4).  Day 22 is a pun.  Many of these are related to films--because I like films in general.  Day 10, for example, is a pickax from Shawshank Redemption.  I also have things from my childhood such as Pioneer Chicken (Day 28) and old McDonald icons (Day 18).  

Well, onward to the drawings!



 





































Well, that was my Inktober images from this year.  I'll still post more as I feel I need to do some more writing, and a blog is a swell way to do that.  I do keep a sketch journal which I write regularly, but it's probably not as well edited.  Anyways, until then..... laters!


Comments