Visting the Charles M. Schulz Museum

This past week, I visited the Charles M. Schulz Museum and Research Center up in Santa Rosa for work. I got to meet the current creators of Snoopy and the Peanuts gang, which was super cool.  They were some of the nicest and enthusiastic people I've met.  I've been a longtime Peanuts fan and it was a treat to just immerse myself into the world of Snoopy. So, my bosses and I flew directly to Santa Rosa County Airport from LA International Airport. Here are some photos from the event.


The Charles M. Schulz Sonoma County Airport is a small airport in Santa Rosa.


Sonoma County Airport has Joe Cool greeting you when you land.

Best airport logo ever. As long as you don't encounter the Red Baron, it's pretty safe.

Charles M. Schulz Museum has a Snoopy Topiary

Between the Warm Puppy Cafe / Ice Rink and Museum

Charlie Brown the guardian of the Ice Rink

Warm Puppy Cafe and Ice Rink

Public can use the ice rink. Mr. Schulz was really big into hockey, even up to his later years.

Warm Puppy Cafe, because "Happiness is a Warm Puppy."  Mr. Schulz came here everyday to have his newspaper and breakfast of Tuna sandwich.


I had Mr. Schulz favorite tuna sandwich. Quite good! And, a cup of coffee.

A nice cup of Peppermint Patty Hot Chocolate!

Snoopy's Gallery and Gift Shop

Love the Lichtenstein-style Snoopy. Wish I had a copy.

Stain glass Snoopy art.

So I got a gift or two.


Charles M. Schulz Museum Entrance


This one is by a Japanese artist. Snoopy is huge in Japan.

Lucy created from the comic strips. Done by a Japanese artist.

Close-up of the Lucy art

Typewriters.. We used to type on these things in the old days.

I got into my groove here.

Actual strips in display. 


A regular office at the Charles M. Schulz studio.


Mr. Schulz's actual studio.


Snoopy Theater inside the museum.  It's hard to see the seats here on this photo.


Think this one is expensive.  


Overall, a wonderful trip! If you're ever up in Sonoma, I recommend checking this place out, especially if you are a Peanuts fan!  Some of my highlights, aside from meeting some of the creators and talking with them, was the whole relaxed atmosphere of this place.  The whole philosophy of Peanuts I feel is about appreciating the little things, the slow moments, look deep into the ideas that come up in your mind, and to not worry so much.  You can be afraid of everything going wrong like Charlie Brown, or not give a hang like Snoopy, or be somewhere in the middle like the philosophical Linus yet with a security blanket.  It is all okay.  I'll end with a classic quote from the comic strip:

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia."


Comments